Sunday, September 22, 2013

Memorial Day

 Well this year School got out before Memorial Day which was kind of nice to be honest.  I have a hard time going back after a holiday and for no good reason!!!  It's not like they do any work the last week or two of school.  Well every year we decorate the graves here in Bennington with wind things so that the frost won't hurt them.  I try to add a few every year and my one for this year was a tractor and the wheels kept coming off so it is not pictured here.  So sorry.  So the picture above us is Andrew J and Florence Kunz Jenson.  This is my husband Quinn's grandparents and they lived in the Yellow house by us.  Grandma Jenson is the one that had the chicken coop that I use now, built.
 This is Quinn's dad's headstone.  I swear I got a picture of the back but apparently not.  We always had a Memorial day flag raising and then a Breakfast so I was probably in a hurry.  Imagine that.  The picture below is Baby Jenson.  This is Uncle Andy D. and Aunt Norma's baby girl.  My kids always want to decorate it up and put "flowers" on the headstone.  This is our contribution.  I remember going to the cemeteries as a kid with my family.  My Grandma Zenna grew peonies and roses and we would take them around to the cemeteries.  I know it's weird but I'm glad that my parents made us go and now I feel more of an affinity to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment