Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Yard 2013!

Probably most of you know already but this was my summer to get my yard done.  When I say done I mean all the big projects out of the way so I am only maintaining instead of building.  So I will admit that I pushed pretty hard.  The worst part is that I was sooooo close!!!!  Then the whole sewer thing happened and it destroyed my lawn so now I am back to building my yard.  Oh well.  Sigh.  I can admit that I was apparently dreaming or smoking something to think I could do this.  But here are a few shots of what I did get done.  I wanted a shed to house my garden supplies.  It turned into a wood shed/playhouse.  Quinn the big softy decided after we had already started that the kids needed the upstairs for a playhouse.  Of coarse this added money to the whole project.  Much to his dismay!  But it turned out nice and it will be great for this winter to have dry and clean wood.  I know wood is not clean but it's cleaner in the shed than up on the hill.  So then I traded a quilt for this fence.  Isn't it great!?!  I wanted my garden area to be separated from the animals, kids, and wind.  So we will see how it goes.  Quinn is not happy about it but I don't care.  (that's the point you get to I guess)  So its been a long summer and fall but I did get quite a few of the major things done so maybe next year won't be so bad. 


 I actually did this rock wall last fall but didn't take a picture of it because I didn't have stuff planted and Quinn did a fence for me to keep the critters out.


No comments:

Post a Comment