Thursday, April 4, 2013

THE BED!!

It might seem odd to entitle a post called THE BED.  But I think it definitely deserves its own post.  So my baby turned three last week and I had ordered a double size mattress for him because the crib that he sleeps in can turn into a double size bed.  So I order a bed because it has become evident to me (and pretty much only me) that he was in need of a bigger bed than the old crib.  So I order one and it come on Wednesday.  So you see it here in my kitchen.  We ate lunch/dinner right after it came and then I had to run a meal to the neighbors and then take Thomas to scouts.  So I left. 
 This is what I came home to.  The rocker from my Great Grandma Rebecca was in the hallway with the bottom of the crib.
 And this is what I saw in the bed room.  Let's just say it turned into a project but I'm super glad that he got it done so that I didn't have to have that mattress in my kitchen all day today. 
 Andrew thought it really funny to "hide" behind the slats.
 So did Becca.
 So here is the mattress on the bed with dad trying it out.  He about had a heart attack when he saw how tall it was.  He figured Andrew needed a smaller bed.  But this is what I have so this is what he gets.
 So here's the story.  About 7:30 p.m. (which is thirty minutes past his bedtime, remember he doesn't nap) I finally got his room somewhat back to how it should be.  So Andrew laid down on the floor and wanted me to change him into his PJ's and then we read our book in "his" rocker.  Then he jumped up into bed.  I asked him if I could take his picture and he said o.k. By the time I took the picture and turned out the lights he was totally out.  He was so excited to sleep in his bed.  So the only one that had any stress about it all was the dad.  Sorry dad I guess your baby is growing up. 

 
 So today as soon as Thomas walked in the door from school this is where I found the three of them.  Thomas was reading book after book to them.  It was pretty cute to say the least. 
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment