Friday, January 11, 2013

New Tires

Yea it's official I'm loosing it.  I'm posting about my new tires.  It's not that I don't have anything to do since I've spent most of the week sick.  Yesterday was the worst so far but I don't seem to be getting better.  I guess I'm suppose to take it easy or something.  So anyway I've thought about this every time I have gotten into my car.  And that happens more frequently than I would hope for.  So I got my "new" to me van this summer.  It's been an adjustment and I really really liked my old van but life changes and you have to just move on with it.  So after the first snow fall I decided that I really hated my new van.  I kept telling Quinn that it was horrible on the roads.  Then I took it upon myself to go to my local tire guys and ask them what they thought about my tires.  See they didn't look like my old van's tires so I couldn't tell that they were as bald as the mountain nearby us called, "Baldy." So I stopped by and the very nice man came and looked at them and showed me that these were "touring" tires and that they were indeed bald.  He told me that they were probably o.k. for my husband but if I were his bride they would not be o.k.  So I promptly had him order me four.  The other day they came in and I took my cute little stinkin baby and Becca Boo with me and we sat in the tire shop by their pellet stove for a hour.  But I got in my van and away I went and WOW!  My previous tires were horrible.  Now I can stop and start whenever I want.  My kids think I'm super crazy because every time I stop I say how much I love my tires.  But it's true.  You know the value of good tires when there is snow on the ground.  So call me crazy but I love my tires!!!

1 comment:

  1. There’s still something worth writing, at the very least. :) As weird as some may think of this, tires are important, especially during the change of season. It’s still snowing in Utah, right? It would be practical if the touring tires you ordered were the all-season type. -->Rita

    ReplyDelete